1) What is a Data Warehouse?
A Data Warehouse is a collection of data marts representing historical data from different operation data sources (OLTP). The data from these OLTP are structured and optimized for querying and analysis in a Data Warehouse.
2) Define Cognos Report Net?
Cognos Report Net is the web-based, dynamic, business intelligence reporting solution from Cognos.
3) What are the tiers of the ReportNet Architecture?
The ReportNet architecture can be separated into three tiers:
- Web server
4) Define Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence is a broad category of application programs and technology used for query, Reporting and analyzing the business multi dimensionally.
5) What is a Data Mart?
A Data Mart is a subset of a data warehouse that can provide data for reporting and analysis.
6) What is HPQS ?
Data Marts are sometimes also called as HPQS (Higher Performance Query Structure).
7) What is multi dimension analysis?
It is a technique to modify the data so that the data can be view at the different levels of details.
8) What are the responsibilities of Cognos Administrator?
A Cognos Administrator is assigned with following responsibilities.
- Installations and configurations in distributed network environment.
- Creating the Repository (Content Store).
- Perform back up and recovery of Meta Data.
- Developing the user Administration.
- Tuning the servers.
9) Responsibility of Cognos Architect?
An Architect is responsible for designing the interface by fulfilling the user requirements.
Once the interface has been designed it should be rigorously tested before distributing to the end user population.
10) Roles of the Application Developer?
Design the Reports according to the Report requirement templates.
Testing the each report with the following types of tests.
- Unit Testing
- System Testing
- Performance Testing
11) What is OLAP?
OLAP stands for Online Analytical Processing. It uses database tables (Fact and Dimension tables) to enable multidimensional viewing, analysis and querying of large amount of data.
12) What are the types of OLAPs?
1. DOLAP:-The OLAP tool which works with desktop databases are called as DOLAP
Ex:- FoxPro, Clipper, Dbase, Paradox.
2. ROLAP:-The OLAP tool, which works with Relational databases, are called as ROLAP.
Ex:-Oracle, SQL Server, Tera Data, DB2.
3. MOLAP: – The OLAP tool, which works with Multidimensional databases, are called as MOLAP.
Ex:- ESSBASE, Power Cube
4. HOLAP:- The OLAP tool which works with Relational databases and Multidimensional database, are called as MOLAP.
Ex:- Cognos, Business Objects.
13) What is OLTP?
OLTP stands for Online Transaction Processing. Except data warehouse databases the other databases are OLTPs. These OLTP databases are designed for recording the daily operations and transactions of a business.
14) What is an Interface?
- An Interface is a gateway between the user and database.
- An Interface contains a logical pointers which points to data in the Data Warehouse.
- An Interface is isolates the complexity and diversity if data bases.
- A good OLAP Interface writes an efficient SQL read on accurate data from database.
- An Interface needs to be designed by fulfilling the report requirement.
15) What is the role of a Data Warehouse in creating the Interface?
Data Warehouse acts as Source to the Interface.
16) What are the types of components installed while loading the Cognos Report Net Software?
When we install the Cognos Report Net Software there are two types of components get installed :-
- Windows based components.
- Web based components.
17) Define Windows based components?
A Framework manager is windows based modeling tool used for creating a project (interface).
18) Define Web based Components?
The following are the web based components.
A. Cognos connection
B. Query Studio
C. Report Studio
19) Components of Report Net:
4. Report Studio
20) What are the phases of the Cognos ReportNet Workflow?
Plan, Manage, Model, Author, Consume.
21) What are the advanced features of Report Net?
The Cognos Report Net has multilingual database accessibility.
The parameter maps are key value phase, which are used for working with local Language that the default value is ‘EN’.