61) What is a User Class ?
A defined group of users with the same data access needs, privileges and restrictions.
62) What is Scrubbing at Project level ?
According to the report requirements derive the new Items with the help of existing Query Items. This process is known as Scrubbing at Project level.
63) How can you add the calculated data to a report ?
a. Summarize existing detail values predefined summary functions (such as sum, avg)
b. Create new report items using data from existing report items.
c. Use model calculations provided in the package.
64) What are the sources to create new Query subjects ?
A new Query Subject can be created from the following sources.
1. Model (Query subjects & Query Items)
2. Data Sources (Tables and Columns)
3. Stored Procedure.
65) What is Multi Database Access in Cognos Report Net ?
In Cognos Report Net a Project can be created from multiple databases. The databases can be either homogenous or hydrogenous.
66) What are Parameter Maps ?
A Parameter Map is a key value pair used in creation of conditional Query Subjects.
A Parameter map sub situates the values at the query at runtime.
67) What is the default formats of reports ?
HTML, PDF, CSV, and XML.
68) What are the different ways to modify multi lingual metadata ?
- Macro :- To modify dynamically
69) What is a Macro ?
A Macro is a runtime object, which uses the parameter maps and session parameters in developing the conditional query subjects.
70) What is usage property? And what are different setting to set usage property ?
It identifies the intended use for the data represented by each query item.
It determines the aggregation rules of query items and calculations.
The different usage property settings are:
71) What are the types of filters in Framework manager ?
In framework manager we can create two types of filters.
- Model filters.
- Query filters.
72) Define Model Filter ?
A filter is a condition used to restrict the data displayed in the Report.
Model filter are reusable.
73) Define Data restriction:
A filter is a condition, which restricts the amount of data displayed in the report.
74) What is condition ?
An expression that yields a Boolean value. Conditions are used in query expressions, query filters, and Boolean report variables that can be used for conditional formatting, styles, data sources, layouts and blocks.
75) Types of Conditions:
Conditions are of 2 types:
- Static Condition: – Condition doesn’t change whenever you run the report.
- Dynamic Condition: -A condition can be keep on change whenever you run the report.
76) What are the types of filters in Report Studio ?
In the report studio we can find two types of filters.
- Tabular Filters:- These filters are two types
- Summary Filters
- Detailed Filters
2. Grouped Filter
77) What is a Loop ?
A Loop is a closed path which is resulted due to joints.
A Loop causes performance degradation of query execution and wrong data will be displayed in the report.
A Loop can be resolved by creating the short cuts (Alias).
78) What is Alias Table ?
An alternative name for a table generally used in self joins.
79) What are the uses of Alias Table ?
The uses of Alias Table are :
- To resolve the Loops.
- To create self-joins with in a table.
- To Provide alternate join structure.
80) What is Associated Data Item ?
A Data Item linked to the group data item. Associated data item suppress duplicate data values but do not generate a control break. The associated column displays only one data values for the group with which it is associated.