81) What is Automatic Association ?
The group association of a newly created summary. The location of the group where you create the summary determines its automatic association.
82) What is an Ambiguous Relationship ?
An ambiguous relationship is where there are multiple relationship paths between one or more query subjects leaving multiple options for how to write a query.
83) What is a Join and types of Joins ?
- A Join identifies the columns from one table that are used to link to another table.
- A Join is commonly formed by a foreign key definition within the database.
Types of Joins :
- Non equi-joins
- Outer joins
84) What is a dimension ?
A broad grouping of descriptive data about a major aspect of a business, such as products, dates, or markets. Each dimension includes different levels of members in one or more hierarchies, and an optional set of calculated members.
85) What is a Confirmed Dimension ?
If a Dimension is connected to multiple fact tables then it is called as Confirmed Dimension.
86) What is a Junk Dimension ?
A randomly used dimension is Junk Dimension.
87) Define Surrogate Key ?
It has system-generated artificial primary key values, which allows to maintain historical records in the Data Warehouse more effectively.
88) What are the User Interface Components ?
- Cognos Connection
- Report Studio
- Query Studio
- Frame work manager
- Cognos configuration